Monday, January 21, 2008

Celebrating MLK --Did you have to go to work?







Since obtaining my new job, I have had no complaints. However once I learned that we did not get to have MLK Day off, I was a little upset to say the least. I kept thinking, "I thought this company was more diverse than this." Well after overhearing a majority of our people make comments such as, "Man! I could be at home washing! or "I could have slept in today.", it made me realize that having the day off was not a good ideal. If you are not going to reflect on why we are celebrating this great man, then come to work. However I just feel that this day is not meant for having a day off at work. It should motivate you to start a conversation, help out our people who is less fortunate, and just reflect on how far we have come and how far we have to get in order to be the dream he talked about.






No comments: