Saturday, February 16, 2008

Disclaimer

I am kind of hesitate to write about this subject, but isn’t this what my blog is for? To discuss and let out my issues, ideals, and things that is important to me. The purpose for my blog was to post my transition into becoming a full blown mature woman. I am at a point in my life today I think, “Whew that hurdle is over, lets move on to the next task I need to complete in order to feel like I am sure of myself.” However a couple of days maybe weeks later, I am back to acting or feeling the same way. So it is like I take two steps forward and sometimes three to four steps back. Venturing into the unknown is very scary and exciting. I cannot wait to see what is in store for me, but I am so scared to leave my past. On my journey/transition into full responsible adulthood, I am becoming more spiritual (actually a lot more). My life is centering on my growing relationship with God. I am seeing that a lot of posts will also center on God, but I do not want to come across “preachy-like”. Outwardly in the real world, I am not like that, so I do not want it to come off like that. Even though I am not the same person I was before becoming serious spirituality, I am no where near where I should be. I still have a lot of work to do on myself. I still curse (a lot--to much), gossip, look, listen, and sometimes where inappropriate material. So I hope that when I come here to post and I am having a spiritual moment and needing to share because I know someone maybe going through the same things, I do not come across as a hypocrite. In the words of Steve Harvey, “God is not through with me yet!” THANKS!!

3 comments:

tasha212 said...

Great post! I feel you on the spirituality thing. I like to focus on the mind, soul, and spirit on my blog too, but I don't want to come off as preachy and sanctimonious. I believe that true spirituality comes from striving to find the spirit of God within yourself.

quarter-life-crisis said...

Exactly. Also it is not necessary what a person say they are doing, but really the actions/steps they take in their life.

Anonymous said...

The beauty in spirituality (to me) is that it's not as rigid as being "religious." Don't over burden yourself with rules to the point that you miss out on random and fun opportunities. If your heart is pure and your intentions are good, you won't stray too far from Goodness. You are still young...have fun, be safe and stay true to yourself!